Title of the Practice This title should capture the keywords that describe the practice.
a. Student Aid Fund
b. Mental Health Check up
2. Objectives of the Practice What are the objectives / intended outcomes of this “best practice” and what are the underlying principles or concepts of this practice (in about 100 words)?
a. The College has created this fund to render financial assistance to needy and meritorious students.
b. The college has a psychological counselling centre Aalo to raise awareness about the mental health and to reduce stigma associated with mental illness.
3. The Context What were the contextual features or challenging issues that needed to be addressed in designing and implementing this practice (in about 150 words)?
a. Lack of fund and to identify needy students
b. Lack of awareness and mental inhibition
4. The Practice Describe the practice and its uniqueness in the context of India higher education. What were the constraints / limitations, if any, faced (in about 400 words)?
a) Often our students are forced to drop out from studies due to financial reason. It will help to reduce the drop out rate.
b) To create awareness regarding psychological needs, to manage stress and depression among the students.
5. Evidence of Success Provide evidence of success such as performance against targets and benchmarks, review results. What do these results indicate? Describe in about 200 words.
a) Thirty students (30 students) in each Academic Year.
b) Mental Health Camp is organised every Academic Year.
6. Problems Encountered and Resources Required Please identify the problems encountered and resources required to implement the practice (in about 150 words).
a) Lack of fund.
b) Lack of Awareness
7. Notes (Optional) Please add any other information that may be relevant for adopting/ implementing the Best Practice in other institutions (in about 150 words).