Eligibility Criteria for Admission to B.A./B.Sc/B.Com (Hons/ Gen) Courses of Studies under CBCS 2020-21
1. A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent Examination is eligible to seek admission to the 1st year of the 3 year (six semesters) B.A./B.Sc./B.Com (Honours/General)Course of Studies provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not being less than 100 and fulfils the conditions as laid down in Clauses 2 and 3.
2. For the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to the B.A./B.Sc./ (Honours/General) Courses, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. Marks in compulsory Environmental Education/Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. However, if the subject “Environmental Science” is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks, it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
3. For the B.A/B.Sc (Honours/General) course of studies a candidate is required to choose his/her Honours and two/three elective subjects, as the case may be.
4. (a)(i) A candidate taking up Honours course in any subject must have obtained: A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination Or, 55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination Or, 50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination. (ii) Students belonging to the Reserved Category taking up Honours course must have obtained a minimum of 40% marks in the aggregate or 40% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination, as the case may be.
(b) A candidate must obtain at least 30% marks in the subjects chosen for General course.
5. For Economics Honours candidate must pass in Mathematics at the previous qualifying examination
6. Candidates must pass in Biology to opt for Zoology or Botany or Microbiology (Honours and General) the previous qualifying examinations
7. Candidates must pass in Chemsitry to opt for Microbiology (Hons and General).